Theme of the workshop
Research is an activity that involves thorough study of literature to find the gaps or inconsistencies in theories or mismatch realized. It aims at enhancing the capacity and analytical skill of researchers across different disciplines. In research, various steps are involved that consist of identifying research problem, formulation of hypothesis, collection of data, analyzing the facts and reaching certain conclusions either for solutions towards the concerned problem or specific generalizations for theoretical formulations. In the present research era of education all that is required to be successful is churning knowledge from piles of Raw Data. Keeping this in mind, this workshop is envisioned to young researchers where they would involve with the experts and would be able to grab a realistic research practice related that will enhance the quality and capacity of the researcher.
- The workshop is unique in the sense that it will require skills to bring-in and transform data using SPSS.
- This workshop also aims to analyze the research questions with appropriate analysis of data in research.
- Developing better understanding of basic concepts of statistics.
- Enhancing knowledge and developing skills for selecting and performing appropriate analysis.
- Augmenting knowledge and skills for interpretation and presentation of analysis
- To provide a platform for discussions on the statistical requirements of research.
- To train and inflate the skills for Data Analytics using SPSS.
- Hands on Practical sessions on Data Handling, Analysis and Deriving preliminary results.
- Practical sessions with suitable illustration and demonstrations.
- Discussion on the interpretation of results and presentations.
About the college
Yuvakshetra Institute of Management Studies (YIMS), a premier professional training college in Palakkad District, is one of the best of its kind in South India. The college is affiliated to the University of Calicut and managed by the Catholic Diocese of Palghat. YIMS was launched back in 2005 under the visionary leadership of Rev. Fr. Sebastian Panjikkaran, the founder Director of Yuvakshetra. The Sanskrit word ‘kshetra’ means the place of gathering / holy place. Here ‘yuvakshetra’ represents the place of gathering where young people are moulded after professionalism, discipline and holistic development. The College is unique in its approach towards professionalism, whereby even those from the lower economic strata get a platform to forge their skills and potentials unsurprisingly.
About Our Department
A full-fledged Department of Commerce and Management was established in 2012 and presently offers M.Com, B.Com (Finance), B.Com (CA), BBA programs.
Fee and Registration Procedure
- A limited 30 seats are only available for this workshop.
The fee of the workshop is 2000/-. For outstation participants, accommodation (Boarding & Lodging) will be arranged in the Training centre within the campus at a nominal rate – First come –First served basis.
Note – Confirmation should be made in advance.
- Dormitory – Rs.250 (Per head with breakfast and Supper).
- Twin sharing – Rs.400 for (Per head with breakfast and Supper).
- Any leave during the training period is strictly impermissible.
- Demand Draft in favour of YUVAKSHETRA payable at palakkad.
NOTE: Please confirm your Registration after contact over mobile phone +91-9072095496. Demand Draft transaction may be done after confirmation due to limited seats.
Target Audience: Faculty members, Professionals, Research Scholars, and PG students who are interested to learn are welcome.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may fill the registration form enclosed with this brochure. Kindly confirm your registration on or before 12th August 2018.
- The number of participants is limited to 30 and the selection will be based on First Come First Serve.
- The Registration form can also be downloaded from the college website
- The candidates are required to send the registration form to the course director in hard and scanned soft copies sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKSHOP ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Chief Patron – Rev. Dr. Mathew George Vazhayil – Director
Patron – Rev. Fr. Jaison Chothirakkotu – Asst. Director & Rev. Fr. Shaju Angeveettil- Bursar.
Workshop Patron – Dr. Tomy Antony – Principal & Rev. Dr. Lalu Olikkal – Vice Principal
Workshop Convenor – Dr.G. SENTHILKUMAR, Associate Professor, Department of Commerce and Management,
Workshop Co- Convenor – Mr. JOSEPH VARGHESE, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce and Management,
Chairperson – Prof.Uppath Sasidharan, Professor, PG Coordinator, Department of Commerce and Management & Matilda Danny, Head, Department of Commerce and Management,
Please download the brochure and Registration Form for your reference, expecting your participation.
Please contact the undersigned for any further information
Dr. G. SenthilKumar: +91 9072095496 Mr.Joseph Varghese: +91 9995596630
How to Reach Campus from Palakkad Town
Palakkad Railway Junction – 16 Kms
Palakkad Municipal Bus Stand – 20 Kms
Route Buses available in the name Via (Mundur, Kongad, Kadambazhipuram, Cherpulassery)